Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wednesday Already?

It’s Wednesday already- what a week….
Prom and birthday celebrations were loads of fun despite record breaking rainfall.
We had debated whether or not David would stay home Friday (the girls do -to get their hair and nails done. The boys just have senioritis…) As it happened, school was closed because of flooded roads. Thursday night our sump pump couldn’t keep up and at 3:00am we were installing a spare we had on hand, and eventually got things under control. Thankfully we got the chicks box up on some recycled kitty litter jugs. It looked something like a pontoon boat/ark.  They stayed dry and pretty oblivious to all the commotion. This photo will have to do...



Last night was the chick’s first night out in their coop. They did just great and seem to be so happy to have space to flap around and explore. I’m hoping we can get the run fenced Saturday, and then they’ll be able to go in and out as they please during the day. Here's a barn photo from the archives. The chicks are in there right now....



I’ve been home the past couple of days trying to recover from a bothersome root canal. I usually feel like I have a pretty high tolerance for pain, but with this I just haven’t been able to get it under control. I hate taking meds and the nurse said today I should be taking three times as much as I was.


To distract myself I finished spinning some beautiful merino/silk. I’m going to call this color-way "Hard Cider." Wish I had one right now- maybe that would make this tooth feel better….


No comments: